1. DO NOT FAST if you have medical problems such as hypertension, diabetes, heart disease, thyroid or other serious conditions. Remember, health should be a priority.
2. After breaking the fast, do not indulge in over-eating but eat in small quantities later.
3. Those who take medicinal drugs on a regular basis should not discontinue their medicines, but instead take them with minimal water.
4. Do not indulge in the wrong types of food such as sugary, fatty and deep-fried dishes upon breaking the fast. Have light baked food to avoid after-meal discomfort.
5. Because the body is lacking energy, choose wisely between sugary treats including fruits, nutrients and fibres rather than empty calories.
6. Deviate towards activities that do not involve physical work. Listen to songs, paint, read, watch films, go for a drive, sleep, or do anything that interests you and helps you not to crave for food or water.
7. Your body is a temple and it should be treated as one. Discontinue the fast if you feel discomfort, nauseous or dizzy.
Take care and Happy Karva Chauth